Research Compliance is responsible for the Clinical Research Billing Compliance (CRBC) program that mitigates risk related to the billing for items and services related to subject participation in a clinical trial.
The purpose of the Clinical Research Billing Compliance program is to promote:
- Compliance with federal guidelines for healthcare billings associated with clinical research
- Consistency in payment terms as related to the research study contract, budget protocol, informed consent, Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) and Separation of Allowable Costs
- Understanding of the billing process required to ensure research billing compliance
- Reduce billing risks between research and routine (conventional) care charges
- Ensure appropriate recovery of clinical research study costs
- Reduce the risks of inappropriately billing patients and/or third party payors