Kuali Coeus Tips
Templated Documents and FIS Proposal Number
See Proposal tab →
Required Fields for Saving Document panel →
Institutional Fields Conditionally Required sub-panel:
• If a Proposal Development document is copied to use as a template for another proposal, the FIS Proposal Number must be deleted.
• If the number is not deleted in the templated Proposal Development document, a new FIS proposal number will not be generated when the proposal is approved.
Lobbying Certification Question
See Lobbying Certification Question →
“If application is to a federal sponsor, have any lobbying activities been or will any be conducted regarding this proposal?”
• The question applies to both Principal Investigators and Co-Principal Investigators.
• The question includes Federal-pass-through proposals.
• The N/A option should be selected on non-federal proposals only.
Kuali Coeus Budgets
See Budget Document →
Parameters tab →
Budget Periods & Totals panel:
• If the Proposal Development document is a request for new or additional funds, a budget must be completed.
• An excel spreadsheet or sponsor budget form may be used, however, the Direct Cost, F&A Cost and Total Amounts must be entered in the KC budget.
• The Direct Cost, F&A Cost and Total Amounts in KC will populate the FIS Proposal document. If these fields are left blank, the proposal dollars will not display in the FIS.